Bounce Back: Stephen Siracusa

Updated: July 1, 2016

Saturday was very hot with temperatures reaching into the 90’s but that didn’t keep the Auburn Commanders from taking on the 5 Lakes Hawks. The action took place on the road at the beautiful Penn Yann Academy.

Commanders won the coin toss and received the ball first. They drove to the Hawks 20 yard line but ended turning the ball over on downs. The Hawks fumbled a snap then threw an interception to #29, Cheagan Wilson. The Commanders started on their own 39 yard line and #7, Tre Bachus, ran to the Hawks 12 yard line. This setup #44, Leon Atkins, to catch the first touchdown pass from the quarterback, #6. David Jacobs.

The Hawks fumbled a snap and then got sacked for an enormous loss which resulted in the Commanders forcing a punt. With 3 minutes left in the first half the Commanders started their drive on the Hawks 49 yard line but didn’t get anywhere. The Commanders’ defense came back and forced a fumble and #91, Dalton Burns recovered the ball.

After a long drive at the start of the 3rd quarter the Commanders missed a field goal attempt.
The Commanders defense didn’t sit around on their lead. The Hawks got sacked by Commanders #58, Cortez Carroll, for a loss of 7. The game remained very physical and competitive for the remainder of the game. The Commanders QB threw an interception with 5 minutes left in the game. The score was 6-0 Commanders with the Hawks driving the ball down the field and scoring with a two point conversion making the score 6 to 8. Everyone on the Commanders sideline was nervous but kept their cool.

With just 2.8 seconds left in the game the Commanders’ #6 David Jacobs bounced back and connected with Commanders #18, Allen Sessions, who made the catch for the second touchdown to make the score 14 -8. The crowd went wild. The game came to an official end when on the kickoff a bad lateral pass ended up in #58, Turk Montana’s hands and ended the game 14-8. The Commanders win their second league game!

Brought To You In Part

Grapvine logo